Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borris house wedding

Options
  • 17-07-2016 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi,

Currently looking up wedding venues in the carlow area, just wondering if anyone has gotten married in Borris House before and if so what would your recommendation be? I'm a bit nervous of the work that we would have to put in to organise everything ie caterers, decorations etc? Any advice would be really helpful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 muddlemuffin

My son and daughter in law held their reception in Borris House. It is an amazing venue and they had complete freedom to decorate and set up as they wished.

It was a lot of work beforehand but if you are the type of person that wouldn't get overwhelmed and stressed its well worth the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I had a similar type of wedding in Lisnavagh house and our caterer also helped us plan the wedding and organised so much for us for a small extra fee, www.honeydew.ie - I know she is also familiar with your venue too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I don't know how ok it is to recommend vendors, but we've engaged The Wedding Festival to help us style our wedding. We've a lot of spaces and where we're having ours is quite a "blank canvas". So far they've helped us narrow down what we want, etc. Now, we'll do 99% of it ourselves after this but they do do a full planning service, and they've been nothing but great to work with. They're based in Kildare so not far away at all. They do a free 40 minute skype consultation too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Yogi12

Thank you so much for your replies. Currently debating between borris, huntington castle and lisvanagh house, I have seen great reviews about all 3 from onefabday but just trying to decide which is the best fit in terms of planning requirements etc. It's all a bit of a minefield

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Philurboots

Did you look at Martinstown House near Killcullen? Only five minutes off the Killcullen exit. Same sort of set up as Lisnavagh except they do everything. Loads of accommodation options available locally.

• Advertisement
Advertisement