Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euros and Copa impact on Teams

Options
  • 17-07-2016 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Just read that Arsenal will start the season without Giroud,kosciely Ozil and Sanchez, as a result of these competitions,,so team selections with be a bit up in the air for the 1st couple of weeks I'd say,, I'm sure most of the clubs will be impacted to some degree..do you think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Picking a team for the first 3 weeks and then wildcarding will probably be the approach that I take, with the impact of the major tournaments playing into that decision.

I generally always wildcard very early anyway, but after GW3 there's an international break and the transfer window will close too. So you'll have 2 weeks to add some value, will get the full picture in terms of signings, and you'll likely have the big hitters like Sanchez and possibly Aguero returning to 90 minute action for GW4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Aguero should start GW1, Copa America finished on 26 June and he hardly played.
    Giroud and Kos are due back in training on 8 August so can't see them starting. Ozil might, Sanchez depends on his ankle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Paully D wrote: »
    Picking a team for the first 3 weeks and then wildcarding will probably be the approach that I take, with the impact of the major tournaments playing into that decision.

I generally always wildcard very early anyway, but after GW3 there's an international break and the transfer window will close too. So you'll have 2 weeks to add some value, will get the full picture in terms of signings, and you'll likely have the big hitters like Sanchez and possibly Aguero returning to 90 minute action for GW4.

Agreed except the first international window is a brutal GW for gaining value.

I have been analysing the price change trends from last season and part of the season before and will produce some stats and possibly an article on it some time before the season starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Paully D wrote: »

I'm looking at this strategy too.

I always try set my team up for the 1st eight weeks, and then end up WCing after GW3 or 4 anyway, so I think given all the variables you mention setting a team up with an early WC in mind is the way to go.

In relation to FHFCs point about the difficulty in gaining value, I partially agree. However, the other side of the equation is maintaining value. For example, last season my WC after GW2 only increased my overall value by 0.3m, but had I left my team untouched, my value would have dropped by 1.2m.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Hoover

I'll probably wildcard during the international break myself as hopefully things will have settled by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Benimar wrote: »
    In relation to FHFCs point about the difficulty in gaining value, I partially agree. However, the other side of the equation is maintaining value. For example, last season my WC after GW2 only increased my overall value by 0.3m, but had I left my team untouched, my value would have dropped by 1.2m.

This is a key aspect of the last 2 years, and a huge incentive for a well timed early wildcard. Again though, the price changes are less dramatic both directions in that first window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

you should also look at who plays in the Olympics too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

you should also look at who plays in the Olympics too.

Thinks it's only Lanzini from the plausible FFL players who is going.
    Mikel, Gnabry & Ilori are others but they hardly matter.

Advertisement