Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talbot Gym, does it have these pieces of equipment?

Options
  • 16-07-2016 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Went in to the gym in the Talbot for the first time today and just did a bit on the bike and treadmill just to get my bearings. When I was in there however I was looking around and didn't see several pieces of equipment I assumed they'd have, namely a squat rack and a bench press station. There was another room I didn't go into, the "aerobics room", which I thought might have the equipment in there but the lights were off as I left as the gym itself was closing so I couldn't see in to check.

Can anyone who's been in the gym in the Talbot tell me does the gym have these pieces or not, did I just not notice them? I assumed these were basically default in most gyms so didn't think to check before hand. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Dunno about the Talbot bit I can tell you Vitality is completely kitted out with every sort of machine and station you can imagine! And very reasonable rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭MortGoldman

I've used both. Vitality is where it's at. Talbot is very poorly equipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Chicharito11

I've used both. Vitality is where it's at. Talbot is very poorly equipped.

What's the membership fees for Vitality? And where even is it? I know I've seen signs for it plenty of times but I just can't place where it is in my head. For some reason I think it's near McDonalds?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

It's to the left as you go into the superquinn car park above the chinese (I think) restaurant It's a stairwell at the end of the building and they have the majority if not all the top floor. Pretty good set up but not as refined as a hotel gym.

I was in there once if lifting weights is your thing then I doubt there's better around town. Most hotel gym are really only designed for passing guests. I don't think I've ever seen a squat rack or any weight lifting specific equipment in one and I say in hotels every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Vitality is 5 per session or membership from 39 a month, it's cheaper the longer you buy though, ie 3 months for 99 etc can't remember the 6 a 12 month prices but they're cheaper (per month) again. Your first month you get four free personal trainer season as well.

It's not far from McDonald's. Across the road over Apace Pizza.

• Advertisement
Advertisement