Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gear For Gigging

Options
  • 16-07-2016 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey,

I actually just setup this account to ask the simple question, what gear is needed to start gigging. That's it.

I'v searched over the internet and there's no great guide to begin pup gigging. Anything I can find often refers to very high end gear for large stages and that certainly doesn't apply to me. :P

So I was hoping here we could together just make a list a gear you'd need to start out. Whether your a solo player, duo or a whole band, I'd hope we can just layout a reasonable gear set for gigging. (e.g. Mics, Equalisers, PA.)

I want this tread to be ubiquitous for all musicians, I don't really want to go into the nitty gritty of effects pedals and such when that mightn't apply to everyone.

So in summary, what does someone need gear wise, whats the best way to set it up and what should you expect on the venues side?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Metalrobe

A good p.a. system is half the battle. If you are doing medium size venues some sort of a bass bin will bring your sound on leaps and bounds. Most bands dont mic up drum kits only the bass drum. Most musicians will have amps for their own use so the pa system is the major one. I think the best mics for vocals were shure sm58's if i remember correcrly. Fairly rugged and great sound quality. Just find an all in one second hand pa system with enough headroom volume wise and you are away

Advertisement