Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Astra problem

Options
  • 16-07-2016 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Hoping for some help on this! I have an 04 Opel Astra Njoy 1.4.

Engine Warning Light has been coming on and off recently. Car was "bunny hopping" while driving- at first it was very mild and may have happened once in every few journeys and I put it down to not giving enough revs between changing gears or something but the problem escalated and it started happening several times in each journey.

Did my own pedal test and also the mechanicn did a diagnostic and each time confirmed code 0340 (camshaft sensor). Mechanic put a new camshaft sensor in and also coilpack.

Drove the car and for the first 2 journeys it was fine then on 3rd journey light came back on but no jumps from the car. Continued like that until today I was driving and I think the car jumped more times than ever. Did pedal test again and its still giving camshaft censor code.

Anybody know what to try next? A friend told me he had a similar problem with an Astra and it ended up being the EGR valve.. Would a problem with an EGR valve show up on a diagnostic for camshaft censor? Appreciate any input!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bud1970

I had an astra that was doing the same. wasn't getting the camshaft sensor error code though. I blanked the EGR valve and cleaned the throttle body and that Cured the problem. HTH

Advertisement