Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where/ what to do?

Options
  • 16-07-2016 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi

Where to look for voluntary work Swinford/Charlestown are for somebody with bad social anxiety & really needs to get out if the house.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you go to http://www.volunteer.ie/ you can search for all sorts of opportunities, depending on your skills, wants etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭stressed70

Thanks, When you register do you have to do any training?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I didn't. I ended up a volunteer driver one day a week. The volunteer co-ordinators from that site keep in touch to see how it's going etc.. They often hold volunteer evenings where organisations looking for volunteers come and meet potential volunteers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭stressed70

Oh ok, so do you just have to register & go for interview then?

The interview was with the organisation I volunteer with, not volunteer.ie. it was quite extensive because of the setting I volunteer in, I'm sure other areas would not need to be as thorough.

The organisation I am with keep a very close eye on their volunteers as working in some settings is not for everyone and they try to take good care of us as well as the people we work with.

There are many volunteer roles that have less personal interaction and that suits some people.

• Advertisement
Advertisement