Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Radio Wont turn on after removing an old nokia handsfree

Options
  • 15-07-2016 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I decided to remove an old nokia hands free device. after removing it the radio wont turn on anymore. i checked the fuse at the back of the radio and the fuse by the steering wheel. i even checked voltage coming in through the wires for the radio everything seems to be perfect but the radio wont even light up. i tried replacing the radio with one that i knew worked for certain and still nothing can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Possibly a loose or unconnected earth wire. You may have disturbed it when removing the hands free kit. If the fuses are power wires check out then the earth/ground wires should be the next thing to check.

Find the earth wire at the rear of the stereo and run a new earth wire to it from any bare metal behind the dash/console.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Robbieb420

ill try that tomorrow cheers bud

Advertisement