Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual sleep

Options
  • 15-07-2016 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this..... yesterday i slept all day after sleeping all night, felt like i had been drugged just couldn't stay awake, this happens to me every few weeks and then my mood changes. Today i feel dreadful, very depressed and angry , i can't focus properly and feel completely detached from my surroundings, my boyfriend told me that i kept zoning out last night and going into a trance but tomorrow i may feel fine and back to normal.
    It's a very stressful experience as its becoming more frequent and very difficult to deal with.
    Would be great to hear from someone that may have had a similar experience or has any idea of what might be causing this.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

nobody can give you medical advice,apart from the person who you decide to entrust with your ailment and money..

Saying that..

have you stress,is the weather and pressure playing a part..
    what do you feel is the problem?

have you changed routine? do you feel a change?

i know that feeling of being awake at 4am...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Do you snore?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rumi85

nobody can give you medical advice,apart from the person who you decide to entrust with your ailment and money..

Saying that..

have you stress,is the weather and pressure playing a part..
    what do you feel is the problem?

have you changed routine? do you feel a change?

i know that feeling of being awake at 4am...
    This happens randomly i don't know what causes it ..... I'm trying to document it when it happens to see what could be causing it

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rumi85

Do you snore?
    My bf said i randomly snore not full on snoring but i do suffer with my sinuses

• Registered Users Posts: 10,853 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Excessive sleep is a symptom a wide variety of issues, some quite serious and others quite benign. It could be anything from anxiety or depression to a thyroid problem or a number of points in between. Documenting it is helpful but if it's something you're worried about you really should go to a doctor. Others in here might have similar symptoms but the causes could be entirely different, so in terms of getting to the root of the problem is not likely to be helpful. For your own peace of mind and to eliminate some possible explanations you should visit a doctor pronto rather than waiting around to see if the problem worsens. Aside from anything else, if it's nothing serious it'll put your mind at ease.

• Advertisement
Advertisement