Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cleaning exhaust tips, advice needed

Options
  • 15-07-2016 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

I want to clean the tips of the exhaust on my golf, they have a bit of built up black residue on them and I want rid of it and to polish them a bit.

Can anyone recommend what to use to do so please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Wash it, de-tar and polish using 0000 Steel wool, then polish and buff with a Microfiber. I use Autosol for it, White Diamond is very good for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Wash it, de-tar and polish using 0000 Steel wool, then polish and buff with a Microfiber. I use Autosol for it, White Diamond is very good for it too.

That's what I did and it worked a charm. I found soaking the steel wool in warm water with some shampoo was helpful. I gave them a lick of HD wax when I was finished just to seal them.

Advertisement