Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying, HTC 620 v 530

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

The 620 is a bit old and under specced. The 530 doesn't get good reviews.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/htc-desire-530-1315377/review

I'd go Moto E 2nd gen , WileyFox Swift or Moto G 3rd gen

They are all cheaper online on amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭butterfly28

Hello there 😊 going mad here trying to find out how to add a photo and a ringtone to contacts in my phone! Tried the HTC manual and of course Google and no luck! Apologies if I am in the wrong thread but any help or guidance in the right direction would be very much appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Terry5135

beauf wrote: »

I'd go Moto E 2nd gen , WileyFox Swift or Moto G 3rd gen

They are all cheaper online on amazon.

After seeing your comment, I'm ordering a wileyfox swift at amazon. I just have one question that you may be able to answer for me. The product description says that "1 Lithium ion batteries required".

This baffles me. Sounds like I must order a battery separately to use the phone, and yet there is no attached battery in the "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" section and I can't seem to find an appropriate battery by searching amazon.

Any Suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Terry5135 wrote: »
    After seeing your comment, I'm ordering a wileyfox swift at amazon. I just have one question that you may be able to answer for me. The product description says that "1 Lithium ion batteries required".

This baffles me. Sounds like I must order a battery separately to use the phone, and yet there is no attached battery in the "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" section and I can't seem to find an appropriate battery by searching amazon.

Any Suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

I'd say that's just more a description. I can't imagine any phone being sold battery-less.

Thank you! After I posted, I began to suspect as much myself. But it's very reassuring to hear a second voice on the matter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Terry5135 wrote: »
    Thank you! After I posted, I began to suspect as much myself. But it's very reassuring to hear a second voice on the matter!

Battery was included in my friend's so you should be grand

Eoinmc97 wrote: »
    Battery was included in my friend's so you should be grand

That you! That's good to hear. I ordered it, so it's on its way.

Thanks to all for the comments.

thomasj, have you deleted your own post?

In any event, I enjoyed it. My current ancient hand me down broken screen phone is an HTC and I was very happy with it, but it's screen is rapidly failing. So I was interested in your post.

However, I decided and ordered the WileyFox Swift and even though it hasn't yet been shipped, I think it's time to leave it alone, given my indecisiveness. I really have too many things I need to get that I can't afford.

I did look at the HTC 825 just now and it looks to be a very good phone. As inexpensive as it is, however, I wanted something cheaper and I don't need the best of the best - but I don't want a provider subsidised phone either. So I'm happy enough - at least given my total lack of experience with any of these phones.

Right now, I'll be shopping for, being indecisive about, and procratinating on a laptop/tablet, which I also can't afford but must get for health reasons (don't ask). I was pretty much decided on an Asus Chromebook after also considering a Lenovo Yoga Notebook (or just Book?), but I'm pulled back and am now thinking a laptop might be cheaper than either and with higher specs. Sigh.

Thanks for your comment, in any event, even if it's gone. :)

Advertisement