Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go: Best locations in Dublin for rare pokemon

Options
  • 14-07-2016 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So seing as Pokemon Go has become so massive I thought it might be a good idea to try and get a list going of where people have come across some rare enough pokemon!

No tips or tricks to be posted here please they can be found elsewhere fairly easily.

I'll start off by saying ive found:

1. Onyx along the Whotechurch Road behind Marlay park.
    2. Plenty of Hitmonchan in Marlay park
    3. A Rhyhorn also was nearby in Marlay but for the life of me couldnt hunt it down :(

Be good to know whats out there and where. Happy hunting folks and remember, always be aware of your surroundings, never play and drive!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 canco

Great idea!

I've seen plenty of Eevee out by the petrol station at the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭username?!

I have caught about 4+ Pikachu's now in Islandbridge.

Screen_Shot_2016_07_17_at_17_13_58.png

Here exactly.

Pokemon-map.com is also worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 PaulDeasy

There's constantly Magmar's and Jynx's in merrion square.

If you haven't already google pokevision. I used it in town today and it didn't fail me once. |It shows you what pokemon are where and for how long, real time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ailekkk

Onyx nest in Deerpark. ) Has quite a wild selection when people are catching, saw Dragonite twice, it ran away... ( Eeves also spawn fairly often, maybe 20% of the time somewhere around the grounds you'll see one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ailekkk

Oh yes, Exeggcute nest in Killiney Hill Park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Paularius

Squirtles spawn quite often in the millennium park beside the blanchardstown shopping centre in Dublin 15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

we had a pretty active pikachu nest near Shankill beach but it's changed to stupid Ekhans now. Anyone on the south side with any nest tips?

I'm particularly after snorlax!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Deanemc

I've heard that the hell fire club is a nest but I didn't hear what pokemon are there. I caught a dratini in marlay park beside the pond at about 8/9am the other day as well

there's an onyx nest on Killiney hill. 5-6 encountered on a walk about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Jerome77

Someone told me there is a rare one in dun laoghaire, find the pier, walk to the end and keep walking with your phone in your hand 😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 PoCiano

How do you find out where nests are on Pokemon go?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

username?! wrote: »
    I have caught about 4+ Pikachu's now in Islandbridge.

Screen_Shot_2016_07_17_at_17_13_58.png

Here exactly.

Pokemon-map.com is also worth a look.

Is Pikachu still available in Island Bridge? I ask as I've noticed that some Pokémon have changed locations over the weeks.

Also, along the quays is a great place to catch water-type Pokémon, e.g. Magikarp, Staryu, Poliwag etc, and hit loads of Pokéstops at the same time.

Jerome77 wrote: »
    Someone told me there is a rare one in dun laoghaire, find the pier, walk to the end and keep walking with your phone in your hand 😄

cheers, needed a swim.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RenegadeIRL

Have any of these nests changed since the update?

Have any of these nests changed since the update?

Not the onix one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 wexic0

PaulDeasy wrote: »

If you haven't already google pokevision. I used it in town today and it didn't fail me once. |It shows you what pokemon are where and for how long, real time.

I can confirm-
    Just had a route around merrion sq and instantly found a magmar ðŸ‘

ailekkk wrote: »
    Onyx nest in Deerpark. ) Has quite a wild selection when people are catching, saw Dragonite twice, it ran away... ( Eeves also spawn fairly often, maybe 20% of the time somewhere around the grounds you'll see one.

Confirmed also ðŸ‘

ailekkk wrote: »

Confirmed also ðŸ‘

PaulDeasy wrote: »

I can confirm-

wexic0 wrote: »
    I can confirm-

havent spotted a magmar there in days, must be unlucky.

Deerpark is also a hotspot for Doduo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 ExParrot42

We went to Dun Laoghaire pier last night for a walk, and owing partly to the fact that people had lure modules set up all over the place I got loads of Pokemon...I'm level 16, picked up tons of Magikarp, Tentacool, Psyducks, and Shellders as you'd expect. I also got a couple Ponyta, a Squirtle, a Cubone, Growlithe, Eggsecute, Jigglypuff and Dratini.
    Not sure if the radar is actually correct anymore, but if it is a Dragonair was around as well so it may be a nest for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 donegan246

Anyone know off a hot spot around balbriggan or near by for good type pokemon

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Beobe

I found Pikatchu arround Tesco in Clare Hall but I was driving and I didn't manage to catch it.. damn.. ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 4 super2bob

Well dunlaoghaire East pier is a mecca for Pokemon Go there are 3 pokestops near the bandstand and you get em without moving -the fans gather and use lots of Lure Modules - lots of water pokemon and a few Dratinis nowand then

Kilbogggert park for lots of Eevees and some Electrobuzz near the little Bridge

Killiney hill for odddish and onix

Lots of Magmars in Merrion Sq last Sunday Morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Marley Pk in Rathfarnham seems to have a lot of Voltorb and a few Machop too.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

I went to DL pier last night for a stroll. 3 Lures by the bandstand. Lots of players about the place. Worth it to walk to the end and back (for a bit of exercise like!).
    I used incense and a lucky egg and went from Level 13 to 15 in about an hour.
    If I recall correctly I got -

Seel ++
    Kabuto
    Goldeen ++
    Tentacool ++
    Horsea ++
    Shelder
    Krabby
    Draitini
    Geodude
    Staryu
    Ekans
    Exeggcute
    Onix
    and Seadra

on the way back to the road I spotted a 705 Seaking but missed out. Also saw a Celfairy but it bolted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Beobe

Does anybody know about any pokemon nests in Swords ?

Advertisement