Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birth control and Moving to Canada

Options
  • 14-07-2016 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

So I'm moving to Canada ina few months and my doctor was giving me two 6 month perscriptions for my contraceptive pill to buy before I head over that way I'd have 12 month supply and wouldnt need to worry about it for the first year I'm there; however I have read on customs that only a 90 day perscription is what you are allowed to bring in. As the pill is on perscription I'd assume this is under this rule?
    Has anyone had any dealings with this? In that they have brought the same with them and no problems or they were taken from them? Etc etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Bring the prescription with you, and you should be fine. I'd imagine that rule really only applies to anything that could be considered a narcotic, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Are you bringing the actual script , the piece of paper with you?
    Or the medication, the pills?

The law applies to the script, the piece of paper.
    The script is obviously not valid in Canada.... The doctor who wrote the script is not a registered physician in Canada. You cannot redeem this script in Canada.
    So I assume you will have to bring the medication with you, ie 12 blister packs of pills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LilBug91

Yeah I wasn't 100% and didn't know if I should contact them regarding it or not then kinda started to panic thinking I'll have to sort out a doctor so soon after moving.

I would be bringing the 12packs with me along with the docs perscription just to show i was perscribed them. Do you think this is sufficent and would be given the ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Yes

.but obviously I cannot guarantee it.

• Advertisement

Wesser wrote: »
    Yes

.but obviously I cannot guarantee it.

- appreciate it anyway. Thank you

Advertisement