Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 407

Options
  • 14-07-2016 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭

1.6d estate car, its on adverts, my requirements are
    first comfort, comfort, comfort, i have a horrificily injured back, my present car allows me to feel every little miniture bump and hollow on the road, so i only now drive when necessary, i an looking to change this, it is over my budget but i am a noted first class haggler, your advice is appreciated
    first comfort
    second realibility
    third economy
    your help is appreciated

2007 Peugeot 407 For Sale For Sale in Dromcolliher, Limerick from patrick.carthy.56

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,120 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Those 1.6 diesel engines are very contrary and don't take any sort of neglect or abuse. It's far too risky for me with those miles on it. Also claims to have had a lot of expensive work done to it last year but you have to wonder why spend all that money only to sell it 12 months later. 3k would be too much to gamble on one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

If economy is lower on the list than reliability, then go for petrol.
    You will be able to get one from the same year, probably for less than half that price, with half that mileage.
    What you will save on purchase price and possible expensive engine issues in diesel, will surely suffice to cover cost of higher tax and higher fuel bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

thanks guys, i have given up on it, with comfort being the optimum reason i am thinking of a different french breed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Got rid of an 06 lovely motor apart from leaking aircon. Blown turbo. Broken heating. Broken dpf. Still drove and still got 50mpg according to the trip computer.

Advertisement