Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Fibre Broadband in Mayo?

Options
  • 14-07-2016 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi everyone, so I'm stuck on 3-4 mb generally with a vodafone package and I'm looking at the package offered by Imagine LTE (Min 30mb speeds, telephone included etc.) for €60 p/m. Has anyone in Mayo done this already and what kind of experience have you had with them? I would just like to get some feedback from users before getting a contract.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭long_b

JB2015 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, so I'm stuck on 3-4 mb generally with a vodafone package and I'm looking at the package offered by Imagine LTE (Min 30mb speeds, telephone included etc.) for €60 p/m. Has anyone in Mayo done this already and what kind of experience have you had with them? I would just like to get some feedback from users before getting a contract.

Did you read this thread? Plenty of user feedback, what part of Mayo are you in?

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057558377/53/#post100349758

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JB2015

Castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭df_h

Doesnt Enet provide proper fibre in Castlebar?
    https://www.siliconrepublic.com/comms/enets-fibre-network-expansion-continues-in-castlebar

I am on Imagine and they have been good so far but of course if there was proper fibre available...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

df_h wrote: »

Do ENET provide residential pricing? Didnt think they nor a reseller of them were offering such.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 coffeeJohn92

I've signed up for this in Mayo, but the mast is not live yet (at least that's what I've been told). I'm closer to the Ballina mast myself. I was told by one of the Imagine reps that is where the nearest mast was to me.

Is there a mast planned for Castlebar too? I'm sure there is looking at there coverage map.

But either way I don't think the service is live in Mayo yet, rep told me start of August.

Lets hope earlier and we can both finally get decent speeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 JB2015

df_h wrote: »

I am on Imagine and they have been good so far but of course if there was proper fibre available...

Cheers. So do you get decent reliable speeds with imagine, like 30mb plus? Are you located in castlebar?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭df_h

Seems the Enet announcement is a lot of waffle, their enterprise prices are insane :eek:
    Cheers. So do you get decent reliable speeds with imagine, like 30mb plus? Are you located in castlebar?
    Yes I am on their connection in Co. Galway
    http://www.speedtest.net/results.php?sh=c97693cb25f42f9b316193caa3291d9d&ria=0

See the main thread here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057558377

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Eir has both FTTH and FTTC in Castlebar? Either of those should be much better than Imagine LTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Gonzo wrote: »
    Eir has both FTTH and FTTC in Castlebar? Either of those should be much better than Imagine LTE?

FTTC only for the masses. FTTH in 1 or 2 estates only. I'm 250 metres from a cabinet and get a consistant 80 mbps.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

1,100 homes are to get FTTH under open eir's late 2016/early 2017 "first 100,000 homes" rollout. Worth keeping an eye on.

It goes without saying that going direct to a line fed VDSL/FTTH service would save a lot of Imagine related hassle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement