Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ship a car to continental europe

Options
  • 14-07-2016 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone! I need to send a car to Europe but I will not be driving it. What are my options?
    Thank you for your reply!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

pay someone to drive it there for you, you pay for ferry costs, and flights home?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,119 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OP, your not selling this car and have been contacted by someone in another country who has offered to buy the car at the asking price without even seeing it first? Just that there are some scams going around involving such stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You don't mention where in Europe it needs to go. Prices and companies may vary because of this.
    Possibly www.nvd.ie can help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭pcardin

Don't know where in Europe you want to send it.

I sent my XJR from Wolverhampton (drove there myself from Dublin) to Munich on trailer, paid £300 + ferry from Dublin to Liverpool (€47.00) + petrol.

A person I know just sent a Volvo S60 from Dublin to Kaliningrad on treiler, paid €600

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

pcardin wrote: »
    Don't know where in Europe you want to send it.

I sent my XJR from Wolverhampton (drove there myself from Dublin) to Munich on trailer, paid £300 + ferry from Dublin to Liverpool (€47.00) + petrol.

A person I know just sent a Volvo S60 from Dublin to Kaliningrad on treiler, paid €600

Where can you buy Dublin-Liverpool tickets for €47 ?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

pay someone to drive it there for you, you pay for ferry costs, and flights home?

The cost, inconvienced and risk would be very large, better of getting someone like NVD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭737max

supposedly hauliers are reasonable enough for transport from Ireland to Mainland europe as the lorry is empty in that direction.
    There are websites where you can state your load and interested hauliers bid to fulfill.
    shiply.com

Advertisement