Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

usb to small pin cable

Options
  • 14-07-2016 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭

I got a fatboy dt-901 wireless charger - it was only 7 euro on amazon.de so thought what the hell. It was supposed to come with a UK charger (says so in the description) but I got a European 2 pin plug.

given it was so cheap, I don't want to return it. I've asked amazon.de to ask .co.uk to send me either a plug or a full replacement, but I doubt they'll do it - the same charger is £55 pounds on the uk site.

Is this cable compatible do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dont use a crappy thin cable like that, if you put in 2A you'll only see 800mA or so at the far end and thus only 400-600mA out of the charging pad, will take forever to charge.

Just get a TypeF(EU) to UK plug adapter for a dollar and glue it in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Just to note that USB power wouldn't be sufficient to run it even if you were able to get such a cable; the charging pad requires 12V whereas a USB port will only provide 5V.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ablelocks

got a uk adapter that encloses the 2 pin and works perfectly.

Also got a full refund from Amazon.de

Advertisement