Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

7 Seater Jeep

Options
  • 14-07-2016 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    Im planning on changing the car in the next few weeks and Im on the lookout for a 7 seater jeep.

So far I have come up with

Santa Fe
    Opel Antara
    Volvo XC-90
    Toyota Landcruiser (Quiet Expensive)
    Landrover Discovery (Again Quiet Expensive)

My budget is around the 6K mark. My heart is kind of set on a Santa Fe but there seems to be a problem with the flywheel and clutch on these. Is this a model specific problem or is it all models of santa fe. For 6K I should be able to get a 06 possibly 07 model.

The Volvo XC-90 looks quiet well also but I dont know enough about them. Is there any other options I should be looking for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

My friend had an 07 Santa Fe and it was a torture with drive train problems.

From reading it seems in 09 they revamped the drivetrain and added 6 speed box.

But from the expense I saw them go through it would take fair convincing me to buy one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

Thanks Brian,

Im not too sure if I can afford to get an 09. I might have to look at other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

The XC-90's cost a fortune on tax, but I love them all the same.

Generally, when seven seats are in use the boot space is usually nearly non existent in a lot of seven seaters have you checked any of them out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭fits

I thought the boot was decent enough on the xc90 even when the back seats were in use. Hard to find a clean example of an older one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

fits wrote: »
    I thought the boot was decent enough on the xc90 even when the back seats were in use. Hard to find a clean example of an older one though.

Just edited my post, I meant most seven seaters. I would love to be corrected on that, especially if the xc-90 had generous space left.

• Advertisement

when seven seats are in use the boot space is usually nearly non existent , have you checked any of them out yet?

Once a month Il prob need to use 1 extra seat in the back so its not really an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,120 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What about the Kia Sorento? Cousin of the Santa Fe but with a more solid 2.5 litre engine.

Is the sorento a 7 seater Bazz? There seems to be no mention of this on donedeal and its hard to judge from the pics.

I think only the newer ones are 7 seaters.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,120 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ah right, forget about the Sorento then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Any particular reason you rather a SUV over a MPV?

biko wrote: »
    Any particular reason you rather a SUV over a MPV?

I have no problem with a mpv but the wife does not like the look of them. Im also quiet tall so a SUV would be easier for me to get in/out off.

I honestly would not get an SUV over an MPV unless you have a particular need for SUV capabilities. They are much more expensive to run. Tax on any of those models in your price range will be 1000-1200 euro to start with.

fits wrote: »
    I honestly would not get an SUV over an MPV unless you have a particular need for SUV capabilities. They are much more expensive to run. Tax on any of those models in your price range will be 1000-1200 euro to start with.

I was thinking along the same lines, but the Wife has her heart set on a SUV, The Santa Fe :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Mitsubishi Outlander maybe ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

pcuser wrote: »
    Hi all
    Im planning on changing the car in the next few weeks and Im on the lookout for a 7 seater jeep.

Citroen C-Crosser, Peugeot 4007... ? Both are rebadged Outlander.

After taking the advice from everyone here we have decided not to buy a Jeep. Instead we are going to lower our budget and get a Trajet with a fresh NCT.

FOr between €1500 to €2000 we can pick up an 05 model with a fresh NCT. Im not too sure if we should go for the 2 liter petrol or 2 liter diesel though. Any advice on that?

Advertisement