Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 external Monitors with Laptop

Options
  • 14-07-2016 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm looking for a dock that will let me use 2 external monitors with my laptop. I want to be able to have 3 separate displays - laptop screen and 2 external monitors.

This is one solution I have found - KENSINGTON SD4000. Anyone used it or got another solutions?

Thanks,
    Paul

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

paulztag wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm looking for a dock that will let me use 2 external monitors with my laptop. I want to be able to have 3 separate displays - laptop screen and 2 external monitors.

This is one solution I have found - KENSINGTON SD4000. Anyone used it or got another solutions?

Thanks,
    Paul

Yes I have bought this type of dock for customers in the past. And they work well. Make sure your laptop has USB3.0 however, as if it doesn't you may run into problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭paulztag

Thanks for the quick reply Alanstrainor, much appreciated.

Are there any alternatives you would recommend or is this one a good option? I'm also in the market for a new laptop so will make sure it has a usb 3.0 slot.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

Possible other options if you are looking at new laptops:

Business grade laptops often have docking stations for that specific laptop. Eg I use a Levovo W530 in work that supports 2 DVI + Displayport for 3 additional monitors through the docking station.

Find a laptop with two monitor outputs - I recently bought a Dell Vostro with VGA + HDMI and then a Dell XPS 15 with Displayport + HDMI.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭aabarnes1

I use a startech USB/VGA adaptor for my second monitor, works great.

Advertisement