Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

"Price Quoted for Straight Sale" - How true?

Options
  • 14-07-2016 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

You know when you see the line: 'Price Quoted for Straight Sale' at the end of a car ad what do you take from it? I'm seeing this in ads a lot lately. Is it just the dealer (not private seller) trying to play hard ball straight away? Would you still expect to get something off? No trade-in, just cash purchase.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It's basically an attempt to deter people from offering a part exchange / trade in. Doesn't necessarily mean they won't accept one but, if they will, they'll not be giving you a great price for it or anything off the asking. If you're a cash buyer, I'd still be expecting a few quid off the asking...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

thanks Sleepy, exactly, we'd be going in with cash and no trade-in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

How is it priced compared to other similar models?

If it's already significantly cheaper then I wouldn't be expecting any money off.

Advertisement