Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Limp mode on a 02 Seat Alhambra (mech in S Dublin?)

Options
  • 14-07-2016 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Hi all,

First post in the motor section.

I am having an issue with my 02 Seat Alhambra (1.9 TDI) for the past 4 weeks now...
    When reaching 80Km/h, the car goes into Limp Mode :mad:

The car has been with a mechanic for about all this time, and as far as I know, a few sensors were changed to no avail, then, they changed the Turbo... To no avail!
    I believe they checked the vacuum, EGR, pipes and joints, but the car still goes into Limp.
    Yesterday, I changed the MAF, just in case, and same!
    I also checked the wiring loom to the ECU (common issue it seems) and my break lights (another of these weird stuff that can trigger a Limp Mode...).

So, I am stuck now, and really don't have a clue what to do next. Or I am very unlucky, or I need a new mechanic! But I have spent too much time and money at this stage to have it fixed, and it's still not fixed!

Anybody can recommend a good mechanic / mobile mechanic to have a quick look, just to make sure nothing was forgotten? I am in Churchtown - Dublin South.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

I certainly think you need a new mechanic.

To throw parts at a car, and especially something as big as a turbo is just carelessness.

I think you need to find someone capable of diagnosing the issues rather than someone who is just guessing.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭loopingfred

Thanks Ken.
    In fairness, I think he tried everything.. Or I am too naive!

Any recommended mechanic?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

C&F Motors out in Mount Merrion if you can get out to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭loopingfred

Thanks Jonny, forgot about them! I used to work opposite to the garage!
    I pay them a visit and have a chat with the mechanic to explain the situation :)

Advertisement