Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help! Driver Learner Permit

Options
  • 13-07-2016 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, Okay so I am getting my learner permit tomorrow but of course disaster has struck. I have two problems, the first being with proof of address. Since I am only 17 the only proof of address I have is a bank statement but I only just realised that my address is spelt wrong on it. I know that the NDLS are strict with this so what do I do, is there any way to get a new statement with the right address before 3 o'clock tomorrow?

Problem two is with my eyesight report. I got it done today and when I got home I realised my name was spelt wrong. Is this serious, will they accept it or do I need to try and get a new form from the optician?

I am freaking out right now!!!! Please help!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I'd go back and ask them for a fresh report with the proper spellings same for the bank statement

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kat9923

I don't have much knowledge when it comes to bank statements, I know that I should probably know this but am I able to just go into the bank and ask for a statement and for them to change my details? Do i have to make a lodgement?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

They should be able to email statement same with eye sight report ring and see

Okay thank you so much I will try that, hopefully if works.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Kat9923 wrote: »
    Hi, Okay so I am getting my learner permit tomorrow but of course disaster has struck. I have two problems, the first being with proof of address. Since I am only 17 the only proof of address I have is a bank statement but I only just realised that my address is spelt wrong on it. I know that the NDLS are strict with this so what do I do, is there any way to get a new statement with the right address before 3 o'clock tomorrow?

Problem two is with my eyesight report. I got it done today and when I got home I realised my name was spelt wrong. Is this serious, will they accept it or do I need to try and get a new form from the optician?

I am freaking out right now!!!! Please help!!!!

NDLS now accepts the Theory cert as proof address providing it is no more than 1 year old. However, eyesight might be more problematic depending on how different the spelling is.

• Advertisement

Okay that is a relief that they accept the theory cert for address. For my name the eyesight report has an extra i, do you think that will be a big deal?

Advertisement