Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Accord 2.2CTDi

Options
  • 13-07-2016 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

i was looking at a 3 year old honda accord has 228,000 kms on it, dealer giving me a really good offer should i look at it? anything should look for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

It's a lot of miles for a three year old car so it would be best if we could see the price difference between this and an average three year old. Without knowing that I doubt anyone can give good advice.

I would also want to know every detail of the service history if i was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

would be 22000 23000 for a lower mileage car, its from a main dealer with full history, offered new set of alloys and tyres also, and a good trade for my own

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

How cheap is cheap as Honda dealers are not known for being overly generous? Also how long do you plan on keeping it? At that mileage plus whatever you put on it over say 2 years, the car is probably going to be worth very little if you plan on moving it on then. Would probably make more financial sense if you get it cheap now and plan to keep it till it dies.

Standard things I'd be conscious of with a diesel car with that mileage would be expensive wear and tear items that may be coming to the end of their life such as the flywheel, clutch, etc. Check the service history for invoices if these things were recently replaced as you will need to budget it for them sooner than later if they weren't done.

Also if it has a sunroof then make sure there is no rust forming around the frame as this was a problem on that model Accord. Other than that they are reliable car that takes high mileage well. Mpg is not class leading on the i-DTEC engine though, low to mid 40mpgs is to be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

really good advice thanks

Advertisement