Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT Emissions

Options
  • 13-07-2016 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Alright lads, I'm pulling my hair out here.
    Have a 03 Micra. Failed my NCT on emissions last week. Your man said it was probably the cat.
    Low idle: CO 0.52
    HC 185ppm
    High idle: Lambda 0.95
    CO 1.96
    HC 250 ppm

Took it to my mechanic, he ran his own emissions test and said the car is grand it should pass no bother.
    Took it in for its retest today, made sure the engine was hot and kept running and it failed again but only on the CO low and high idle.
    Low idle: CO 0.45
    HC 107 ppm
    High idle: Lambda 0.97
    CO 1.26
    HC 135ppm

I can't understand how the mechanics results are so different, they were all dramatically lower and he tested it a few times. The exhaust is only new as well.
    Really can't afford to fail another re-test, any suggestions?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭gavman1

xmeilingx wrote: »
    Alright lads, I'm pulling my hair out here.
    Have a 03 Micra. Failed my NCT on emissions last week. Your man said it was probably the cat.
    Low idle: CO 0.52
    HC 185ppm
    High idle: Lambda 0.95
    CO 1.96
    HC 250 ppm

Took it to my mechanic, he ran his own emissions test and said the car is grand it should pass no bother.
    Took it in for its retest today, made sure the engine was hot and kept running and it failed again but only on the CO low and high idle.
    Low idle: CO 0.45
    HC 107 ppm
    High idle: Lambda 0.97
    CO 1.26
    HC 135ppm

I can't understand how the mechanics results are so different, they were all dramatically lower and he tested it a few times. The exhaust is only new as well.
    Really can't afford to fail another re-test, any suggestions?

I would say either the nct's equipment or your mechanics equipment hasn't been calibrated in a while.now if it were the nct's equipment I would reckon everyone else's cars would have failed aswell that day.i would have it tested again buy another shop,if it passes that then you could have a case to make to your nct centre

Advertisement