Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2008 Passat TDI comfortline

Options
  • 13-07-2016 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Thinking of buying a 2008 2.0 TDI Passat 140 BHP anybody know what these are like on fuel etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Which 2.0 litre engine as there were two available in that year - the old PD or the newer CR engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 squiddy

bazz26 wrote: »
    Which 2.0 litre engine as there were two available in that year - the old PD or the newer CR engine.

Haven't a clue it's 16V if that's any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

They're both 16V engines, the engine code is what you'd need I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭almostover

bazz26 wrote: »
    If it's a PD I'd avoid unless you have extensive service history. There was an oil pump design fault on the PD engine that would lead to loss of drive to the pump and result in serious engine failure. The CR engines are excellent. I've an 09 2.0TDi CR Highline, lovely machine to drive and reliable. Just watch out for the electric handbrake too but by 08 these were sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 squiddy

almostover wrote: »
    If it's a PD I'd avoid unless you have extensive service history. There was an oil pump design fault on the PD engine that would lead to loss of drive to the pump and result in serious engine failure. The CR engines are excellent. I've an 09 2.0TDi CR Highline, lovely machine to drive and reliable. Just watch out for the electric handbrake too but by 08 these were sorted.

I checked it out and it's CR, what sort of mpg would you get?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

squiddy wrote: »

I have a 170bhp 6 speed one and I'm getting approx 50-55mpg on the motorways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭almostover

squiddy wrote: »
    almostover wrote: »

Mine is the 110 Bhp Bluemotion model. I get average 55mpg on mixed driving. The car is very economical on long run up around the 60mpg and returns mid 40's mpg around town. The 110 is a little slower than the others but the tax is very cheap. It's and identical engine to the 140 model and can be remapped to 140 cheaply and easily. The 170 model had a different turbo.

Advertisement