Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2nd Leaner Permit out of date next week

Options
  • 13-07-2016 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Hoping someone can clarify this for me asap.

My work colleagues 2nd Learner Permit is expired next week (19th) and he forgot to book his test. Is there any leeway for him or is his only option to attempt to get a test down the country before Wednesday (he's in Tallaght).

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Hi all,

Hoping someone can clarify this for me asap.

My work colleagues 2nd Learner Permit is expired next week (19th) and he forgot to book his test. Is there any leeway for him or is his only option to attempt to get a test down the country before Wednesday (he's in Tallaght).

Thanks in advance.

As far as I am aware he just needs to provide proof that he has booked a test not actually sat one, he will then be issued with a 3rd 1 year permit, this was the way it was 3 years ago when I was a learner.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Galadriel wrote: »
    As far as I am aware he just needs to provide proof that he has booked a test not actually sat one, he will then be issued with a 3rd 1 year permit, this was the way it was 3 years ago when I was a learner.

I think that's spot on unless it's changed. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Nothing has changed. He just needs a test booking (just the acknowledgement will do, not an actual date). Printing off the confirmation email will do.

Advertisement