Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Issue - NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/beans/PropertyMatches

Options
  • 13-07-2016 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭

I have a Java app that uses Spring. I had it deployed on a test environment and it was working fine.

I then made a change to the code by updating a string and redeployed. Now I'm getting the below error.

Anyone know why? I didn't touch the spring config.

Servlet.service() for servlet [myapp] in context with path [/myapp] threw exception [Handler processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/beans/PropertyMatches] with root cause
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/beans/PropertyMatches

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 john locke

anytime I had problems like this with Spring, it was because either a class could not be found a runtime due to a missing dependency or there was a conflict where two versions of the same dependency are on the classpath so Spring cannot load the class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

john locke wrote: »
    anytime I had problems like this with Spring, it was because either a class could not be found a runtime due to a missing dependency or there was a conflict where two versions of the same dependency are on the classpath so Spring cannot load the class

Thanks.

The resolution was that I stopped Tomcat/Apache, cleaned the tomcat/webapps and work folders and redeployed.

So far it seems to have done the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 john locke

The resolution was that I stopped Tomcat/Apache, cleaned the tomcat/webapps and work folders and redeployed.

Can't beat a good old restart...

Advertisement