Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook sending friend requests

Options
  • 13-07-2016 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭

Facebook is automatically sending friend requests on me. I was scrolling down through "people you may know" on my phone.

Scrolling along and I see at the side on one profile it says "friend request sent" and I was thinking "**** I must have hit the button accidentally" but i was quite sure that i didnt so I didn't do anything, just left it and then "request cancelling" starts to show.

It seems like the request was sent and cancelled on my behalf without me even clicking anything. I witnessed this happening twice now on my account. I'm not sure if the person receives notification or not. It's no big deal in this instance but I am now worried that Facebook could be sending and cancelling requests and even to profiles or people that I don't want.

Is this happening anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It is possible there is some dodgy app on your phone that is doing it.
    What phone have you?

Remove all apps with access to FB (or disable their access to FB) and it should stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

biko wrote: »
    It is possible there is some dodgy app on your phone that is doing it.
    What phone have you?

Remove all apps with access to FB (or disable their access to FB) and it should stop.

Thanks Biko.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5.

I'm not great with apps. I have whatsap, some photo editor one, Facebook messenger and some safety one but that's it. I have apps on facebook but none of these were things I requested like "on this day" and things like that.

How do I remove the apps or know they have access to fb?

Biko, would you know also if those people whom the app requested receive notification as though I requested them?

Advertisement