Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in biomedical diagnostics

Options
  • 13-07-2016 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I was wondering if any one on here is doing this masters? I was thinking of applying but wanted a bit more information. Does anyone know the job opportunities after? And would someone be able to give some good advice as I am looking at 3 masters currently one being biomedical diagnostics, the other in biotechnology and the third in regenerative medicine. I am not so sure as which masters would be the best one?
    Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I did the MSc in biomed diagnostics in 10/11. Very interesting course, though it has changed a bit in the last few years with the collaboration with arizona and changing staff at the institute. Many of my class went on to find jobs in places like Abbott and Icon. A few of us went on to get PhD's.
    When I did it, there was lots of spectroscopy, microfluidics, molecular biology, current topics in science, research seminars, and some commericalisation sessions. There's quite a few group projects, plenty of presentations, and a fair few essays to write, but they're all on interesting topics (for me anyway, my background was biomed science).

• Registered Users Posts: 48 dialemma

The MSc in Biomedical Diagnostics is a blended-learning collaboration between the Biomedical Diagnostics Institute at DCU and ASU which gives students the opportunity to work with their transatlantic counterparts using the latest technologies.

Students enrolled in the program follow a shared curriculum with courses offered by both universities in topics such as Immunology and Bioinformatics. This “blended” learning approach incorporates both online and face-to-face elements.

Four core curriculum areas covering the biomedical diagnostics field are the anchors of the program. These include the technology of diagnostics, the science of diagnostics, the business of diagnostics and the application of diagnostics.

Advertisement