Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will be getting btea in september, can i get rent supplement to move out?

Options
  • 12-07-2016 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭

Just looking for advice with regards rent supplement. Ive being living at home for a year. Previously lived away from home for 5 years.

I'll have to move out come september for college. Wondering can i get rent supplement straight away. Or do i have to be renting for 6 months before i avail of it.

I wasnt aure if btea had differnt conditions then jb/ja. Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭ronano

From my understanding you'll be able to access rent supplement while on btea. You'll need to either be renting for 6 months or be assessed in need of housing by your local authority. I'd say go now and be assessed. I'd ring central rent units (numbers found on citizeninfo rent supplement page)to get offical confirmation. Good luck with rent supplement and your course

Advertisement