Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcohol quantities for Irish/Polish wedding in Poland

Options
  • 12-07-2016 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, I am getting married soon to a lovely Polish girl, the ceremony will be in Poland. We are going to provide the alcohol for the reception. I want to provide plenty of beer (bottles not kegs) and vodka and also wine and Gin. I was wondering if anyone had any idea how to calculate the quantities needed? We reckon there will be approx 150 guests, the majority Irish. We will have the option to give back beer which is not drank, but not for the wine + spirits.

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

You say it so nicely, congrats to ye...

We kinda broke it down what we knew people would drink and then thought right how much would we drink and doubled it.. If tis gone it is gone, and if there is left over then at least you could give some as gifts.

We had 110 and I think we got something like 60 white and 40 red in wines and it was more than enough..

Just make sure there is some nice Vodkas and you will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I've heard that there is a bottle of vodka pp at polish weddings and wine for the meal!

We're budgetting 1/2 bottle pp prosecco/cava and 1/2 bottle pp wine, this is to cover till 10pm (reception, meal and toasts). Polish weddings are meant to last till the early hours so I'd imagine you'd want almost double that in wine.

Don't know you'd make the split between beer and vodka, best to get advice from the hotel of they have experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lollpop

Are you providing the alcohol for the whole reception or just the meal. We used 90 bottles of wine for 150 people for the meal. If it's for a whole night it's going to be very difficult to calculate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fluorescent

Thanks for the replies guys.

@lollpop, we are providing the alcohol for the whole night. We were initially thinking of 70/80 bottles of wine (1/2 bottle pp). 70/80 bottles of vodka (1/2 bottle pp). x bottles of Gin (no idea how much Gin to get, maybe 10). And maybe 10/12 bottles of beer per person.

I have roughly calculated that maybe 1/3 of the guests are beer drinkers, 1/3 spirit drinkers (gin/vodka) and 1/3 wine. This is a "very" rough guesstimate. Of course people could start out on beer then move to spirits etc..

I am afraid of my life that we wont have enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Don't worry too much about it fluorescent! People if they want will just drink whatever is provided in the end..

I would add a few bottles extra of what ye think is needed if ye are in any doubts. Also bump up the Gin you would surprised how Gin has become popular lately..

Have ye thought where ye are buying the spirits also.. Defo get the vodka in Poland some loverly ones there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭mckildare

OP, we found a local place that supplied the kegs that took back the unopened ones and that worked out nicely. With the wine and vodka we bought more than we thought necessary because we figured it would be drunk eventually. 10 months on and the leftover wine has more or less disappeared but we ended up with more vodka than we bought (the venue supplied a certain amount per guest) :\ We had about 110 guests and 50 approx were Irish, half of those were solid drinkers. They stuck to the beer and the Polish contingent also seemed to favour pints over shots.

I can dig out the figures if you would like an idea of what we supplied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I was at an Irish/Polish wedding in Poland at the weekend actually :)

It was in a hotel, but they provided the local beer on tap, 3 soft drink options, wine, vodka and whiskey in the reception room, all free.

They had about 70 guests in a 50/50 split Irish/Polish. I don't think it was the most traditional polish wedding ever as we had wine with dinner, and the vodka etc only came out later. They got wine labled up with the couples names on it, and yes there was loads left over, so anyone with a check in bag was given a few bottles to take home :)

Numbers started to dwindle after about 2am, but there were ppl there drinking until about 5am... so better to over cater than under cater IMO. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭limerick85

make sure the vodka is quality. we got zubrowka and they seemed happy with that.you dont want to be buying crap vodka for the polish!!
    most beers are good -tyskie,lech,zywiec etc. the cost of a wedding in poland is a fraction of the cost in ireland and the guests dont have to put their hands in their pockets for any drink

Advertisement