Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning and organisation

Options
  • 12-07-2016 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Ok, this is my nerdy side coming out but what way do you all plan your draft strategy, etc? Last year was my first ever time playing fantasy and within seconds of the draft starting I was panicking and trying to sort through reams and reams of paper of positional lists I had printed out. I'd love to find an app that lets you create those kinds of lists so you can tick off who's been selected in your draft easily as it happens, or something. Or create rankings of who to target each round, that kind of thing.

Anyone want to share your way of doing it? Maybe some of the Premier League guys who've worked their way up the ranks? :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,626 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I do my own rankings on NFL.com. You can move players up and down the list where you feel they should be.

I do up a list of players who I think are overvalued and undervalued first of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Personally I prefer the paper-based approach, as long as you have it sorted correctly pre draft. Find a list of players by position, preferably sortable in Excel, and set up your tiers (this might be different than the preseason rankings of the player) i.e. A sheet with all the QB's, with a line between them to designate tiers. Print it out, and with a highlighter (different colours, say green, yellow, pink), mark down a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and choice within each tier (I also tend to highlight players I want to take a flyer on later in the draft, not to mention players I would like to avoid completely). Do this for all draftable positions. The goal is to get as many green/yellow/pink choices on your team. This will give you an at-a-glance idea of the players you want to target, if all of your pre-draft choices are gone, you just work through the tiers/rankings as you see fit.

This, in tandem with the NFL draft client usually gives me all I need to track and stick to some sort of strategy. I couldn't imagine trying to manage another app the night of the draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

This will be only my third year, but last year it did work well: as others said get a rankings from a source you trust (website, analyst etc.) and copied in a excel table, then review it and move the players as you think is the better ranking, then on NFL.com once you're on the league rearrange that ranking as per your spreadsheet.
    On the draft client you will have (it was available last couple of years anyway) the option to sort the rankings based on YOUR rankings or the ADP on NFL.com. and the players gone are grey-out anyway, so you won't be bothered looking at them. I find very useful to sort by position depending which round and how the draft develop, but most important do as many mock drafts as possible, on NFL.com to get familiar with the platform but also with 16 teams drafts, as they are not available there, but it is essential to get an idea on how deep your rankings have to go! Best of luck

Advertisement