Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish grinds

Options
  • 12-07-2016 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the correct forum to be honest but I am looking for someone around Athlone to give me some Irish grinds in anticipation of the Hibernia PME interview in a few weeks time. I've posted a similar request in the Education forum hoping for a response.

Would anyone have any information that could help me out? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

There was an oul wan out around Sli an Aifrinn used to give Irish grinds years ago. She taught various levels. A lot of he students did well. Not sure if she is still doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

There was an oul wan out around Sli an Aifrinn used to give Irish grinds years ago. She taught various levels. A lot of he students did well. Not sure if she is still doing it.

Any contact number handy do you think? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Fabio wrote: »
    Any contact number handy do you think? Thanks!

She might be in the phone book. I think her name was Deegan or Dixon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

I'll have a look, thanks a mill!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

If you're taking grinds in Irish, while I hate advertising stuff, try duolingo as well. It can help gain some form of conversational fluency in the language. I never studied German in school and I find the app to be good, allowing me to have a some what limited conversation for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Corca Baiscinn

Hopefully, you'll find someone local to you but dont forget that you can cast your net wider by considering doing grinds over Skype or similar. Not so easy this time of year though with people on holidays

Advertisement