Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning a trip to India

Options
  • 11-07-2016 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

So Im currently trying to plan my trip through northern India and am struggling to get the route and timings right. The table below is my latest attempt at pulling something together. What do people think? Is it a bit too rushed? Any help would be hugely appreciated!

New Dehli 13 sept to 16 Sept (3 days)
    Agra 16 Sept to 17 Sept (1 Day)
    Johdpur 17 Sept to 19 Sept (2 Days)
    Jaisalamer 19 Sept to 22 Sept (3 Days)
    Udaipur 22 Sept to 24 Sept (2 Days)
    Varanasi 24 Sept to 27 Sept (3 Days)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sleepy_head3

Hi there

I was in India last year and spent almost 4 days in Delhi - to be honest it was far too long! I didn't like Dehli at all ...my least favourite place in India by a mile. We could have done all the main sights in a day if we'd really wanted to.

Agra - we had one full day - spent the morning at the Taj Mahal (get there really early) and then the afternoon at Agra Fort but you could skip that if you just wanted to get an early train out of Agra.

I didn't go to Johdpur or Jaisalamer, went to Jaipur though for a few days - really liked it there.

We only spent one full day in Udaipur which was enough for what we wanted to do!

Spent two days in Varanasi - the ceremonies at the Ganges are at sunrise and sunset so once you can fit those in you will have the day time then for anything else you want to do.

I think your itinerary sounds good - if you did feel rushed you could some days away from Dehli!

Hope this helps!

Advertisement