Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam account

Options
  • 11-07-2016 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

My son has a pc and I was wondering does anyone here have a family pass on there steam account I think it's called ,the games are so expensive I'm wondering could anyone help me .i was told he could play the games too if someone could help ,not exactly sure what I'm talking about

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Your son is probably referring to Steam Family Sharing:

http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/familysharing

It's worth pointing out that the actual Steam Store is usually the single most expensive place to buy games. Always worth checking out Is There Any Deal for Steam titles:

https://isthereanydeal.com/

There's also other sites that sell keys but I'm not 100% sure of the rules here so I'll leave that at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

My son has a pc and I was wondering does anyone here have a family pass on there steam account I think it's called ,the games are so expensive I'm wondering could anyone help me .i was told he could play the games too if someone could help ,not exactly sure what I'm talking about
    Are you asking if someone here can give your son access to family sharing on their account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

It's not a good idea to share accounts:
    Will I be punished for any cheating or fraud conducted by other users while playing my games?

Your Family Library Sharing privileges may be revoked and your account may also be VAC banned if your library is used by others to conduct cheating or fraud. Additionally, VAC-banned games cannot be shared. We recommend you only authorize familiar computers you know to be secure. And as always, never give your password to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

Your son is probably referring to Steam Family Sharing:

It's worth pointing out that the actual Steam Store is usually the single most expensive place to buy games. Always worth checking out Is There Any Deal for Steam titles:

There's also other sites that sell keys but I'm not 100% sure of the rules here so I'll leave that at that.

Thanks,what is a key??

It's not a good idea to share accounts:

No he has no games for the PC only one

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »
    Are you asking if someone here can give your son access to family sharing on their account?

Yes please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Yes please

Would you give a complete stranger control of your bank account?

jayo26 wrote: »
    Would you give a complete stranger control of your bank account?

What bank account .im sorry I don't understand the terminology of this .my sons the one with the PC .i don't want anyone's bank account he was just told about this family thing

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lyrical

You're right most of the new releases are expensive,but there are hundreds of free to play games on steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/genre/Free%20to%20Play/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

What bank account .im sorry I don't understand the terminology of this .my sons the one with the PC .i don't want anyone's bank account he was just told about this family thing

Do you have a car ? Can I use that when you're not using it ....I know you don't know me...but I'll pay for my own gas as needed.

But yeah, can I use your car when you're not using it ?

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Do you have a car ? Can I use that when you're not using it ....I know you don't know me...but I'll pay for my own gas as needed.

But yeah, can I use your car when you're not using it ?

Sorry ,I don't understand what you mean ,my son just asked me about this and a friend said post on here that someone might help you .i didn't know it encloses bank accounts or cars.why are you in South Korea

The sharing facility is for sharing with people you know and trust.

Sharing with unknown people could get your account locked.
    I'm not sure if the person you share with are able to buy games in your name.

The sharing facility is for sharing with people you know and trust.

Sharing with unknown people could get your account locked.
    I'm not sure if the person you share with are able to buy games in your name.

I don't know but thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

What they are saying is that a Steam account is a very valuable thing - possibly worth thousands of euro depending on who are you are dealing with - and asking anyone to share theirs with you, a complete stranger on the internet, is not reasonable.

No one is going to give you access to their account. It's like asking a stranger if you can borrow their car or share a credit card.

There are free games on Steam and there are plenty of very cheap games available both on Steam and elsewhere - you should try that. How old is your son?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yes, what you're asking is pretty much the same as going onto a room of strangers and asking 'Hello, somebody give me their netflix and SKY logins please so I can watch TV at home'.

Your son has to buy his own games or go without really, unless he plays the free games that are available on steam.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

You could have your son create an account and check out the free games, there are literally hundreds of them and a lot of them are very good and extremely popular

Advertisement