Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse Van Import

Options
  • 11-07-2016 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello, I am looking into importing a Renault Masters horse van from the UK as they are really hard to get in Ireland. Has any of you ever done the same and could let me know if the vehicle was much hire valued by Revenue than the purchase cost was? The guys at revenue said they only value the vehicle once it's here which makes sense but I fear for a higher VRT bill than budgeted. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Have you tried the online calculator? https://www.ros.ie/evrt-enquiry/vrtenquiry.html?execution=e1s1

Also posting in the motors forum might get you more advice. However if the van is a commercial I think VRT is a different rate to private cars, but I could be wrong.

You can appeal the cost of the VRT and have it checked, however this can only be done once the VRT has been paid and from what I remember can be a lengthy process. Again I could be wrong.

I did look into getting one myself from the UK but the VRT question kinda put me off, although from what I have heard (maybe incorrect too!) is that the commercial rate is no more than 250 euro.

Try the motors forum they can advise better there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JulesG

Thank you Kamili! I checked the VRT site for assessment and unfortunately no Renault Masters is listed and even at that from what they told me the value, which includes the refurb, will only be assessed once the vehicle is here. It is pretty off putting alright. Thanks for the tip to post this also in the motors forum :-)

Advertisement