Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring Making Reading Help

Options
  • 11-07-2016 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Wondering Could someone help me out in relation to ring Reading what type of ring by the Stamp, I'm unable to get it checked out properly till next week.

Screen_Shot_2016_07_11_at_21_29_25.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

This site would suggest that its platinum from 2011 https://theassayoffice.co.uk/help-with-hallmarks/anatomy-of-a-hallmark

A jeweller would know much more about this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

950 is 95% Silver

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭shortie_chik

950 in that 5 sided tent shape is platinum.
    925 is sterling silver.
    (I'm a goldsmith.)

The other parts indicate what assay office stamped it and who the maker was. In Ireland I don't think they use the year letter anymore in jewellery. Think you can request it specifically to be added but only on plate pieces (like bowls or chalices etc, not on earrings! )

I'm not sure what that assay office mark is, but it's not Dublin. Could it be a rose? That would be Sheffield. Might be an assay office outside Ireland or the UK, they might follow a different convention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 scanner murphy

Yes , it's platinum.. And the lion's head is the London assay office ... It should also feel heavy....

Advertisement