Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar repair

Options
  • 11-07-2016 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Never had to get a guitar repaired so not in the know about it.

Basically when I put my pick up selector on my strat to the furthest away position no sound comes through my amp.

Any thoughts and where in Cork is a good place to go?
    Pro musica said they could look at it but I'm not sure what they are like re repairs.
    I'm guessing it has something to do with the wiring.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

Its fairly basic stuff and not very difficult to fix

Its one of three things

A loose wire, you can have a look under the pickguard to see if theres any broken or loose wires or bad looking connections . This is the most probable cause

A faulty switch , needs replacement

a problem with the pickup , If you put the switch in the middle position of the two pickups and tip both pickups with a screwdriver it will tell you if both pickups are working.

As I said its fairly basic stuff you could do it yourself and any guita shop would be very capable of doing it .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Dermoth

If you're not comfortable with that and want to get it repaired, I recommend Jim O' Halloran in Carrigaline. I've got a lot of stuff done there and IMO, quality is very good, as is value.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I messaged him and he said that he doesn't do electrics.
    He recommended Nixon guitar repairs but after doing a quick search I see he has very mixed reviews.
    Open to suggestions.

Advertisement