Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PR application - Bridging visa

Options
  • 11-07-2016 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi,

I am looking to apply for PR in December from Within Canada under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class (IMM 5289). My partner is a local.

I am here in a 2 year working visa that expires in March next year and I am currently working as a geologist but I will not get the required 12 months employment to apply for PR under Canadian Experienced Class.

I was wondering am I eligible to apply for the bridging visa under this the Common Law Partner class, so I can stay and continue working?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Karl

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Random Integer

Hi,

I am looking to apply for PR in December from Within Canada under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class (IMM 5289). My partner is a local.

I am here in a 2 year working visa that expires in March next year and I am currently working as a geologist but I will not get the required 12 months employment to apply for PR under Canadian Experienced Class.

I was wondering am I eligible to apply for the bridging visa under this the Common Law Partner class, so I can stay and continue working?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Karl
    CIC wrote:
    If you are currently working in Canada and you have applied for permanent residence, you may be eligible for a bridging open work permit if your work permit will expire in four months or less. This means you can keep working while we make a decision on your permanent resident application.

To qualify, you must have applied under the:

Federal Skilled Worker Program,
    Canadian Experience Class,
    Federal Skilled Trades Program,
    Provincial Nominee Program,
    Caring for Children Class, or
    Caring for People with High Medical Needs Class.

My reading of that is you must already have submitted an application for PR in order to qualify for the bridging visa.

Advertisement