Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increase in car burglaries in Dublin 15

• 11-07-2016 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I have been living long in Dublin 15 and found one or more groups of Scumbags Burglars break in to your car (especially Japanese Imports).

With me only, there has been three occasions in less than three years when such burden on society guys have tried to break in to my two car at two different parts of Dublin 15.

The interesting thing is they chose only night between Thursday and Friday to broke into my car where they couldn't stole my car but made huge damage to steering, car wiring and wind screens that I couldn't get parts due to imported car & I had to sell one car as in its current condition at big loss that time. That made lot of hassle to me to ring back and forth the insurance company, Garage, parts company etc.

Can I ask what is logic behind that those scumbags thieves chose that Thursday night which did to me and to other people's car as friend of mine living other part of Dublin 15 who said that happened to his car on Thursday night as well for his Japanese Import car.
    I’m pretty much sure those burglar break the car and sell the parts but they can’t sell if they don’t have connection with Scrap yards and Garda should know these and should be able to stop this happening for the benefit of people.

We reported to Garda but they didn't do anything except sending a letter saying this has happened to your car on such date on that particular address.

I'm sick of these burdened lads causing damage to people's car and make people's life miserable when they wake up in the morning having such bad news and condition of their car and Garda don't do anything to those Scumbags and leave them doing that again free on residential areas to break someone else car. Punishment system is quite poor by Garda / courts I guess otherwise, these incidents should be minimal here in Dublin / Ireland.

What precaution should I make so this won't happens or minimal happens to me or rest of people even I have alarm system on car etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Get a highly visible steering lock, one with a very high rating or else sell the car and get a non Jap import.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Big chain and big pad lock for the steering wheel to a bar under the seat will do it.

If they see that all locked up they wont bother stealing it

I dont think they carry snips on them for that kind of thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭737max

I made the mistake of buying an older Japanese car while living in Blanch.
    The vultures descended upon it almost straight away. It was bought as a fixer-upper and if they had ucceeded in driving it off they would have crashed it as it was not roadworthy.
    After they made multiple attempts to steal it I fixed up the steering column and sold on at a loss just to be rid of it before they did succeed in stealing it or burning it out.

"Thursday night" has little significance in Blanch. The small minority of scummers in Blanch who make everyone else's life a misery don't work so a week night is just like any other night to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

May I ask what area in Dublin 15 you are in OP?

Doesn't matter. At night they emerge from under whatever rock they crawled under and raid anything nearby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Attach a 240 volt AC supply to the door.....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Attach a 240 volt AC supply to the door.....

If your gonna do it, do it in style. Length of copper wire. One end connected to the ignition. The other in the fuel tank attached to a small primer charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

article-2005796-0CA5F16800000578-699_468x300.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Get a highly visible steering lock, one with a very high rating
    Don't bother unless it's one of those that covers the entire wheel. The others are next to useless and actually help scum break the built in steering lock.
    or else sell the car and get a non Jap import.
    Sadly that's probably the best advice.
    Big chain and big pad lock for the steering wheel to a bar under the seat will do it.

If they see that all locked up they wont bother stealing it

I dont think they carry snips on them for that kind of thing
    Used to work OK and still might for the really brainless scum, but it's actually very easy to bypass that and when one mouth breathing ape figured it out, it spread to the other mouth breathers. The scum are creatures of habit and don't like anything that taxes what passes for their brains. Hence they go for Jap imports. they're learned how to nick them so feel more comfortable doing so. For a time there was a spate of scum stealing late 90's Starlets. Yep. They figured out a way to easily steal one and so their singular shared braincell went away and did that for a while.
    muwaahidi wrote:
    I’m pretty much sure those burglar break the car and sell the parts but they can’t sell if they don’t have connection with Scrap yards and Garda should know these and should be able to stop this happening for the benefit of people.
    You would think that M. My experience and that of friends and family is that A) the Guards are for the most part utterly useless when it comes to crimes against property. They have had some recent success and drops in burglaries, but they have to be told to target it as a crime it seems and B) the legal system in this country is a bloody joke. So if a Guard puts in the work and time and catches a scumbag, said scumbag is usually back in the community within hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

My estate in Blanchardstown was targeting last Monday night. Unfortunately they targeted my recently restored MK2 Golf. Broke in and obliterated the ignition. I had a steering lock but as wibbs said, this just helped them ruin the steering column and wheel. They couldn't get it off as it can only be removed by cutting the steering wheel. They gave my up and tried another house where the owner saw them and called the guards and they ran off.

I was prepared for someone to try it at some point so I got the steering lock. That is the only reason I still have the car. It would have been rallied, for all the speed that is in it, and burnt out.

Guards said that there is a gang from one of the estate in Blanch targeting older cars and Hondas because they are easy to steal.

Improved security is next on the list. Might just take the steering wheel off altogether when I'm not using the car. It's a one minute job to take it on and off.

No gate on the house so I was thinking of something like this behind each car. What do you think?
    ZjNkMDAwMTVjM2EwOWYzNGFlZDg4OTBlMGRhOGJmOTdvSL6ovNZ7VnEne5ACFGnUaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODIxNDY4MHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg
    https://www.donedeal.ie/otherhome-for-sale/security-posts-driveway-and-premises/12686070

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

hoodie6029 wrote: »
    My estate in Blanchardstown was targeting last Monday night. Unfortunately they targeted my recently restored MK2 Golf. Broke in and obliterated the ignition.
    A Mk 2? Cool car and obvious even to a retard, an enthusiast's car. FFS. :mad::mad::( Bastards. Utter oxygen thieves. May they die screaming. Slowly. Preferably in a car they've nicked and is now upside down in a ditch. On fire. Cunts.
    I had a steering lock but as wibbs said, this just helped them ruin the steering column and wheel.
    Yeah the scum use them as levers. Like the slack jawed monkeys they are. Which is a slur on our simian friends.
    They couldn't get it off as it can only be removed by cutting the steering wheel. They gave my up and tried another house where the owner saw them and called the guards and they ran off.
    Pain in the arse, but at least they fucked off.
    I was prepared for someone to try it at some point so I got the steering lock. That is the only reason I still have the car. It would have been rallied, for all the speed that is in it, and burnt out.
    Aye.
    Guards said that there is a gang from one of the estate in Blanch targeting older cars and Hondas because they are easy to steal.
    And the guards know this and do sweet fuck all about it. This is all too common a narrative.
    Improved security is next on the list. Might just take the steering wheel off altogether when I'm not using the car. It's a one minute job to take it on and off.
    That should make a big diff. Another one; have a dig about under the dash and look at the steering column. If it's visible, there's a fair chance you can slap a long necked padlock into a steering UV joint. Good luck getting around that scum.
    No gate on the house so I was thinking of something like this behind each car. What do you think?
    Couldn't hurt H. Especially without the psychological barrier of a gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

muwaahidi wrote: »
    Garda don't do anything to those Scumbags and leave them doing that again free on residential areas to break someone else car. Punishment system is quite poor by Garda / courts I guess otherwise, these incidents should be minimal here in Dublin / Ireland.

Shortly after I moved into my place my a lovely young fella was caught trying to steal my JDM car. I had the joy of attending the children's court and after lunch all cases where deferred. That was an eye opening day sitting in the court with the poor misunderstood youth of Dublin, one lad was bragging about stealing his runners to get to court and another who came along for someone elses case had about 20 bench warrants out and complained when he was processed for them ( he was let out again and was telling his buddies). Several years later the Garda called to my place and said that they'd caught the person again, so I duly went to big boy court this was even more enlightening. He got off been caught trying to steal my car as he'd done a bunk and his solicitor said that since it was so long he should be let off:(

Gardaí do a half decent job at catching scumbags, our problem is the bigger scumbags in wigs and their incestuous relationship with the scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

My estate in Blanchardstown was targeting last Monday night. Unfortunately they targeted my recently restored MK2 Golf. Broke in and obliterated the ignition. I had a steering lock but as wibbs said, this just helped them ruin the steering column and wheel. They couldn't get it off as it can only be removed by cutting the steering wheel. They gave my up and tried another house where the owner saw them and called the guards and they ran off.

ZjNkMDAwMTVjM2EwOWYzNGFlZDg4OTBlMGRhOGJmOTdvSL6ovNZ7VnEne5ACFGnUaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b181ODIxNDY4MHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg
    https://www.donedeal.ie/otherhome-for-sale/security-posts-driveway-and-premises/12686070

Please install that driveway lock. You'll have peace of mind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

A South African friend told me once 'you think the cops are going to stop someone breaking into your house or will get your stuff back? Its up to you to protect your property'. Never a truer word said.

Justice is a joke, our Guards are paid a pittance. These teens are roaming with impunity on drugs/ with knives. We can't change this. The least we can do is lock our property, put cameras on our houses etc.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

I had the misfortune of living in D15 for a number of years. In 7 years I had three cars attempted to be stolen / broken in to and my brother's car was broken in to twice on the few occasions he was staying with me.

As we had a fairly large loud dog who had full access to all of the downstairs we never had a break-in attempt and countless times the dog did go bananas in the middle of the night barking out the window and we discovered the next day that a neighbour or someone close by was broken in to.

Unfortunately D15 is too close to areas where scum breed and has great access / escape routes late at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

hoodie6029 wrote:

Good idea!

Until your half asleep some morning and reverse into it!

Alarm...big dog....cameras....that's all the guards will say you can do.....
    Whatever else ye do is up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Wibbs wrote: »
    A Mk 2? Cool car and obvious even to a retard, an enthusiast's car. FFS. :mad::mad::( Bastards. Utter oxygen thieves. May they die screaming. Slowly. Preferably in a car they've nicked and is now upside down in a ditch. On fire. Cunts.
    I knew of someone this happened to who ended up with a serious brain injury. Never did you meet anyone so regretful. My guess is should it not have happened they would still be doing it and it took a serious brain injury to act as the only deterrent.

In olden days the bandits were driven out in to the wild as the Villagers wouldn't tolerate them living in close proximity to them and stealing from them. In olden days the Villagers would erect the gallows near the gate to the town serving not only for swift execution of justice but also for its deterrent value.
    Now we've become more civilised and permit these parasites to live amongst us intimidating us and stealing from us that which we have worked hard to acquire.
    While we may not want go back to the times of the gallows an effective justice system would be welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CorkMan_

The biggest problem with these scum is they are never punished. They wear convictions with pride. Until there is proper punishment/deterrent they won't stop. Thieves are the lowest of the low in my opinion.

CorkMan_ wrote: »
    The biggest problem with these scum is they are never punished. They wear convictions with pride. Until there is proper punishment/deterrent they won't stop. Thieves are the lowest of the low in my opinion.

I'm all for public beatings or just shoot the ****ers...but that's not "PC"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Maybe after 20 convictions we could give capital punishment a try.

One bullet....bang bang

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

One bullet....bang bang

Perhaps we could start at water boarding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

One bullet....bang bang

Haha,

That you Pat?

A simple oul salad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVPSizAcqeA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Dartz

Yours wouldn't happen to be a white yoke? I've seen one of those around alright. Shame.

****ing scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

would that be older Hondas 92/98 or the later models from 2006 onwards.