Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moyderwell, Tralee & Island of Geese 1901 Census

Options
  • 11-07-2016 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

My grandfathers cousin lived at No 47 during 1901 census... William Howard Browne (born Tarbet 1872), his wife's family probably owned the property as they are mentioned Griffiths Evaluation (Foleys's) she the wife of W H Browne was Mary Foley daughter of James Foley long time resident in the Moyderwell area.
    His father William Browne (Retried RIC) lived with his wife Anne (nee Howard) at Island of Geese as per 1901 census. He died 1904 but no Tralee archive indicates a local Tralee burial??

Any pointers appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Have you widened the search? This site is an excellent collection of Kerry graveyards.

If you are able to get to Dublin, you can check in the Valuation Office who was paying the rates on the property from Griffiths onwards.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Stinky45

Thank you...YES...I been through these cemeteries databases and drawn a blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

Where were the other members of the family buried?

Lots of families do not use the closest graveyard, but one that has been associated with the family many generations ago.

For a variety of reasons, most people have no gravestone until recent generations, even those that have stones, in small burial grounds, may not be recorded in a digitised list.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Stinky45

Thank you for your response....William Browne late of Island of Geese Tralee (1901 Census) died 1904 and I have no other ifo other than he was born in Waterford circa 1835. He had been in the RIC (stated as ret'd RIC in 1901 Census) and I believe based in either Ballyduff or Tarbert Nth Kerry. I have all the baptisms etc of his children Ballyduff and Tarbert Church records but absolutely nothing after his death.

Advertisement