Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job market in Canada?

Options
  • 10-07-2016 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

I'm toying with the idea of moving to Canada and am wondering what the job market is like there at the moment? I am a social care worker so would be looking for work in this area. Any insight would be great :)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's the second largest country in the world, so you'll need to narrow down your region a bit. The job market in Nova Scotia will be very different to the job market in Vancouver.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 weepat2

I am also interested in the Canadian job market at the moment - me and my girlfriend are heading over on an IEC visa after christmas (Feb 2017). We have only talked about Vancouver but depending on the job situation may have to look at different locations. I work in construction/engineering as a draughtsperson and she works as an interior designer/furnture design. We would prefer the west coast of Canada, is the cities around Vancouver an option?

Advertisement