Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Popping Sound From Laptop Speakers

Options
  • 10-07-2016 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

I have a new Dell Latitude E5570 and I am experiencing a popping sound from the speakers when navigating through files in Windows 7.

I have tried different sound schemes from the windows default from control panel > hardware and sound > chnage system sound > sound scheme and some sound schemes do not produce the popping sound and other do.

I also notice that when the headphones are plugged in I do not get any popping sound at all.

There is also no popping sound when listening to music only when navigating through folders on windows

I have searched through the internet but I cannot find a solution, anyone any ideas please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I presume the sound occurs other than when class clcking forward and back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

mordeith wrote:
    I presume the sound occurs other than when class clcking forward and back?

The sound occurs when clicking forward or back through different files and folders

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

The sound occurs when clicking forward or back through different files and folders

Are you sure it's not just the windows navigation sound? It's a rather loud clicking sound?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

It's a workaround, but just go with the "no sounds" option :pac:

Another thing to check is that you're running the latest drivers.

You can check this by running the dell driver update.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Products/?app=drivers

mordeith wrote:
    Are you sure it's not just the windows navigation sound? It's a rather loud clicking sound?

Yeah it's definitely not the normal windows sound. The popping sound doesn't happen every click. It only could happen every 2 to 10 clicks for example

• Advertisement

me_irl wrote:
    It's a workaround, but just go with the "no sounds" option

me_irl wrote:
    Another thing to check is that you're running the latest drivers.

me_irl wrote:
    You can check this by running the dell driver update.

I could turn off the sound but it's only a new laptop so it's annoying me cause it should not happen at all.

I've checked the drivers in Windows and it says they are up to date..

Advertisement