Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accused of 'not being Irish'

Options
  • 10-07-2016 8:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

For drinking 'non-alcoholic' beer. Lost a teeny bit of respect for a hitherto friend. I just no longer enjoy the dry mouth etc Just wanted to vent. Thanks for readingðŸ˜႒

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,107 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I have been out a few nights and had non-alco beer as I was driving, and to be honest it gave me a sore head the next day anyway, must be very chemical-based.

Plus most of them aren't nice, in future it'll be a soft drink.

But I know where you're coming from, you always get some sort of comment made when you're out and not drinking. In those instances of mine, I had people say "ah sure leave the car parked up and collect it tomorrow".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

I actually did feel a teeny bit 'tipsy', there was 0.5 in Paulaner, it was gassy,burped a lot but mixed with Ginger Ale I did at least enjoy the taste. My aunt swears her husband gets hungover drinking it too,so yes no doubt its not just to do with alcohol. But one is viewed as different if one isn't drinking. I just don't like the after affects.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭bonyn

Spirogyra wrote: »
    For drinking 'non-alcoholic' beer. Lost a teeny bit of respect for a hitherto friend.

Don't be so sensitive. When people are in a pub, having a few and slagging each other off, these things get said.

If it's a close friend why not explain your reasons for abstaining?

Advertisement