Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small creative writing groups

Options
  • 10-07-2016 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I'm looking to do a creative writing course and wondering if anyone could recommend a place (preferably in Dublin or surrounding areas) that provide courses that suit small groups.

I'm hard of hearing and I'm pretty useless in a large group as i tend to miss any conversation or comments

I'd ideally have an ISL interpreter but unfortunately small educational companies tend not to have funding for this kind of thing

So if anyone knows of a creative writing workshop that usually has a small number of attendees (Preferably around the 6-8 kind of number) that would be great!

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Totally outside of anything I know susiewoosie I am very sorry that I can not help.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

I would also be very interested in this...

There surely has to be something of this nature going on around Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cfhaynes

The Irish Writgers Centre support groups and there are lists on its website

I was very impressed when I heard the director of the centre speak at a meeting in Leitrim recently. They seem to have lots of good things happening, although still too Dublin-centric for those of us restricted to the peat bogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I suggest you check your local library, some have free courses and might not have the space for large groups so smaller groups might be all they can accommodate. Also try....

http://www.courses.ie/
    http://www.nightcourses.com/course-search/

Advertisement