Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Fiesta, all indicators not working on one side

Options
  • 09-07-2016 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Have a 2010 Ford Fiesta. While driving earlier noticed that when I turn on the indicator for turning left the light had stopped working on the dash. Had been working earlier in the journey.

When I got home I tested the indicators. None of them on the left side are working when i put on the hazard lights and on the dash only the right indicator lights up. Turning on the indicator switch to left has the same effect, none of the lights on front, rear or wing light up but I noticed the left signal on dash does flash once and then no more.

Anyone have any idea what could be. Didn't think it could be a fuse but checked that anyway and was fine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

I know with the same issue on a corsa I had, it was either the indicator relay or body control module.

I first tested the relay as that was the simplest thing to check, but that was fine. Mine turned out to be the bcm. A trace on it had burnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 xtruss

cgc5483 wrote: »
    Have a 2010 Ford Fiesta. While driving earlier noticed that when I turn on the indicator for turning left the light had stopped working on the dash. Had been working earlier in the journey.

When I got home I tested the indicators. None of them on the left side are working when i put on the hazard lights and on the dash only the right indicator lights up. Turning on the indicator switch to left has the same effect, none of the lights on front, rear or wing light up but I noticed the left signal on dash does flash once and then no more.

Anyone have any idea what could be. Didn't think it could be a fuse but checked that anyway and was fine
    Hi,
    Did you ever find out what the fault was with your indicators on the Fiesta? My girlfriends Fiesta has just started doing exactly the same thing.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Fuse or relay. Unlikely to be just a broken bulb.
    Having said that, swap a working bulb over to check.

Only 1 fuse and thats ok, Apparently they don't have a relay, it is controlled via the GEM system, all bulbs ok. (dash light flashes once then nothing) the indicators on the left don't work at all, even pressing the hazard light, no left bulbs light up, nor when locking / unlocking car. The problem did clear and everything started working as normal for an hour, but now its back..

Just a quick follow up. I got a message from the thread starter, and he pointed me in the correct direction.
    The fault was due to a wiring short in the loom going into the door, the wire that feeds the mirror indicator was shorting to earth. This was due to a previous repair job done on the mirror by the previous owner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 solderguy

Thanks a million guys. This post lead me straight to the answer. It looks like someone had once replaced the passenger side mirror on our fiesta. They didn’t do a very good job and routed the cable on the wrong side of the window guide. So the cable was stretched tight over all the metal edges when the window was wound down. Eventually it has shorted out. I removed all the door trim, investigated and found the above cable issue and presto all working.

It also explained why the window never wound down all the way. So now that’s fixed too.

Got to love it when you find your answer first go. Thanks sooo much for posting this here.

Advertisement