Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Electrical issue with Saab 93

Options
  • 09-07-2016 5:22pm
    Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,715 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

The mother's pride and joy is a 07 9-3 Estate and recently, an airbag warning light has come on. She brought it to some "auto electric experts" (her words) and they apparently said the diagnostic computer was getting confusing readings.

Basically, she has been told they need to "strip it down" to get to the problem. Sounds expensive to me.

Has anyone dealt with a problem like this? I don't like the sound of what she's telling me they have said to her but she may be misunderstanding and it's getting lost in translation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

If the auto electrician experts are not using saab tech 2 diagnostics , they are wasting their time and your mother's time.

Tech 2 is the only thing that can read the full codes on these cars.

What part of the country is she in ?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,715 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Thanks a million for the reply. She's in Dublin. I have no idea what diagnostics they used but I see it seems to be a rare and expensive machine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Thanks a million for the reply. She's in Dublin. I have no idea what diagnostics they used but I see it seems to be a rare and expensive machine!

In dublin i know of Gorden Kellets in the ringsend part of the city,

Its a saab dealership as such, he still sells the used cars and does servicing, diagnostics etc. He would be the correct way to go.

If your not happy with a dealer like that then i can recommend a bloke up in Ashbourne with the diagnostics . He is very good too.

There is also CD motorgroup in fairview, always working on saabs there too but im unsure if he has tech 2, a quick phone call to him to ask would solve that though.

Advertisement