Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch and Virgin Media

Options
  • 09-07-2016 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi,

Is it possible to connect phonewatch to the virgin media landline? I have seen many different answers to this and am unsure what the correct one is!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It's possible and it will work. But we have stopped using them. The dial tone changes intermittently.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bumblebeemouth

KoolKid wrote: »
    It's possible and it will work. But we have stopped using them. The dial tone changes intermittently.

Thanks for the reply Koolkid. Does that mean it won't always dial correctly? If this happens will the system redial successfully?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

One of the problems with the technology that is in use here is that, your router is plugged in. Your alarm panel is also connected to your electricity, i hope better than plugged in, but i would not be surprised.

Intruder alarm systems were traditionally designed around security, i say traditionally as some cheaper panels are a lacking here a bit. One of the basics here is battery back up, meaning that in the event of a power cut whether normal or as result of an attempted break in, your alarm system will continue to operate regardless.

But your router will not function and will no longer provide the telephone connection that your alarm system needs to the outside world. So your alarm will not be able to notify activation's while the electricity is absent.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bumblebeemouth

Thanks again!

Advertisement