Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNR and Attenuation figures on Broadband Router

Options
  • 09-07-2016 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭

can any techincal wizard peeps look at my ADSL statistics on this modem page and look at things like SNR and attenuation and tell me if the figures look about right please. I am around 300mtrs from Cabinet, ADSL2+

Am on Internet today (and its a saturday afternoon at 3pm) and im only getting between 1.9mbps-3mbps of Internet download as indicated by speedtest, very poor. - I am on wifi, not ethernet but the laptop is right near the router and status is 'excellent' in wifi window. Have tried rebooting router, still the same. I am thinking saturday afternoon and lot of people on the internet in the area and getting contention issues but I dont know.

If someone in the know-how can look at the SNR and attenuation figures and see if they look all look fine and dandy that would be great.

13627089_10209393755134682_3572762648708097548_n.jpg?oh=8e92852da463c9899d77c18af3ea9063&oe=57FCEA33

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

mobil 222 wrote: »
    Coolaney is fed by wireless at the moment but will be fed by core early in
    the new year using the route coming from collooney.
    Depending on how far you will be from the mobile exchange in the middle of the town 400 Mtrs - 500 Mtrs will get you close to 70 Megs

Answered last year. Its an old exchange contended at 100:1 or greater. Nothing to.do with your line.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

ED E wrote: »
    Answered last year. Its an old exchange contended at 100:1 or greater. Nothing to.do with your line.

oh right, I fogotten - wow 100:1 imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

just been reading on wikepedia about contention ratio and it says UK ADSL2+ doesnt suffer from contention ratio as a general rule - would that apply here in Ireland too?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contention_ratio

Still i suppose the biggest problem is that the cabinet is fed by wireless at the moment - hopefully, not much longer to get FTTC - they promised it first quarter of 2016, now it looks like autumn

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

In NGB areas, aka not yours.

Advertisement