Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop has no optical drive?

Options
  • 09-07-2016 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

hi there just bought a laptop this morning and i wanted to rip my cds to it but it has no optical drive.can I buy an external optical drive to do this?thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

notatechy wrote: »
    hi there just bought a laptop this morning and i wanted to rip my cds to it but it has no optical drive.can I buy an external optical drive to do this?thank you

Yes, just get a USB one and rip the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 notatechy

Yes, just get a USB one and rip the same way.

how much are they to buy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Not trying to be dicky but would it not be easier to find that out yourself on Amazon or pcworkd or something instead of waiting here for an answer?

Boskowski wrote: »
    Not trying to be dicky but would it not be easier to find that out yourself on Amazon or pcworkd or something instead of waiting here for an answer?

haha I know that I'm on their sites now but id need to be told exactly which product to buy as I haven't a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Buy a USB DVD drive. Anything from 15 to 50 euro.

No one uses CDs anymore I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Buy a USB DVD drive. Anything from 15 to 50 euro.

No one uses CDs anymore I'm afraid.

I do ive invested so much in them ive to keep them.thank for ll your replies I seen one in currys that should do the job I hope

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

notatechy wrote: »
    I do ive invested so much in them ive to keep them.thank for ll your replies I seen one in currys that should do the job I hope

Do you have an old laptop with a CD drive? If so just use that to rip your music and then use a USB stick to copy it to your new computer.

Advertisement