Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop has no optical drive?

Options
  • 09-07-2016 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

hi there just bough a laptop this morning and i wanted to rip my cds to it but it has no optical drive.can I buy an external optical drive to do this?thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭RobiePAX

Yes you can purchase an external Optical Drive something something like this that connects through USB. Seach on Google for "LG GP57EB40 Ultraslim External USB DVD Writer - White" if you need an example.

It's pretty common for modern computers to no longer have Optical Drives as it is becoming obsolete hardware with USB Drives overtaking its place.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

Have you have ripped them previously? Would be easier to copy them from an old computer via a USB drive if so.

Advertisement